- Information theoretic cryptography, perfect encryption.
- Probabilistic algorithms, computational security, attacker models, elaboration of security proofs in cryptography.
- Symmetric encryption: security definitions, basis constructions, block ciphers (AES, DES), cryptanalysis, operation modes.
- Authentication codes, hash functions.
- Asymmetric cryptography: Diffie-Hellman protocol, public key encryption (ElGamal, RSA, ...), signature (Schnorr, DSA/DSS, RSA hash-and-sign, ...), public key infrastructures.
- Basic algorithmic number theory (modular arithmetic, primality testing, elliptic curves)
- Protocols: challenge-response, identification, authentication, zero-knowledge
- Standards and norms: discussion, practical concerns,
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.The class is organised around lectures and exercise sessions. Homeworks may also be proposed.
A specific attention is placed on the links between the theoretical concepts introduced in the class and the practical applications of cryptography.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.The evaluation is based on a written examination. Homeworks proposed during the semester may contribute to the final grade.
Answers can be provided in English or in French.
More references are available on Moodle.
- slides sur moodle