The prerequisite(s) for this Teaching Unit (Unité d’enseignement – UE) for the programmes/courses that offer this Teaching Unit are specified at the end of this sheet.
At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
It is structured around themes of general interest and field-related themes for each of which receptive and productive activities aimed at consolidating and broadening vocabulary and grammar are provided. Particular emphasis on grammar points, likely to cause difficulties to French-speaking learners.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.Subject to the health context and the number of students enrolled, this course will be given in face-to-face mode (one half cohort in the even weeks, the other half cohort in the odd weeks) combined with a volume of work to be done independently (syllabus+ Moodle). The contact hours will mainly focus on interactive communication and will also aim at anticipating or solving problems encountered in the work to be done independently.
The cours is divided into 5 themes linked to daily life in Q1:
- Life in a student town
- Youth culture
- Food and health
- Discovering the world
- Money and advertising
- Revision of the grammatical structures specific to the Dutch language with the help of a power point diaporama on Moodle and the theory in the syllabus. Addtionnal productive exercises are done in class.
- Activation of receptive skills based on authentic material.
- Oral conversation practice by means of role plays, etc…
The classroom activities require a certain amount of preparation on the part of the student (exercises, vocabulary, …)
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.Q1
- Mid-term test on vocabulary, grammar and irregular verbs + active involvement in the classroom and continuous assessment. (20%)
- Written evaluation during week 13 (60%)
- Interactive oral exam in the last week of the term (20%)
- Mid-term test on vocabulary and irregular verbs (10%
- Oral exam in the last week of the term (40%).
- Written exam in the last week of the term (50%).
- The student who failed the first term exam must retake it in week 12 of the second term.
In September, the student will have to take the written and oral exams again.
Depending on the health context, the written evaluations on paper and the oral evaluation can be done on PC (Wiseflow, Teams, …).
The teacher is available during his office-hour(s) and can be contacted by e-mail.
- Syllabus de cours et matériel de révision en autodidacte
- Textes et exercices sur la Plate-forme Moodle