This biannual learning unit is not being organized in 2020-2021 !
- to be able to express oneself orally in Italian.
- to be able to write a text in Italian.
- to be familiar with the main ideas of narratology and of textual analysis.
The course will present the most important notions, as well as some more recent research (Dan Sperber and Deirdre Wilson, Lo Cascio, Cosenza), and will apply them in a critical fashion to different literary and dramatic texts.
At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.First and second session:
- Written paper handed in at the beginning of the session.
- Oral exam on the content of the lectures and defense of the written paper.
- Stephen C. Levinson, La pragmatica, Bologna, Il Mulino, 1993.
- Claudia Bianchi, Pragmatica del linguaggio, Bari, Laterza, 2003.
- H. Paul Grice, 'Logic and Conversation', in: Syntax and Semantics. Vol. 3. Speech Acts', édité par P. Cole e J. Morgan, New York, Academic Press, 1975, pp. 41-58.
- Idem, 'Further Notes on Logic and Conversation, in: 'Syntax and Semantics. Vol. 9.
- Giovanna Cosenza, La pragmatica di Paul Grice.
- Intenzioni, significato, comunicazione, Milano, Bompiani, 2002
- Carla Bazzanella, Linguistica e pragmatica del linguaggio. Un'introduzione, Roma-Bari, 2005.
- Dan Sperber et Deirdre Wilson, La pertinence. Communication et cognition, Paris, Minuit, 1989.
- Luigi Pirandello: Sei personaggi in cerca d'autore, Il fu Mattia Pascal
- Pietro Metastasio: L'Olimpiade