The course is open to everyone (UCL students, UCL staff, students not otherwise registered at UCL). Condition: to have no prior knowledge of Russian.
- The course tackles different topics (such as leisure, travel, home, advertising).
Code: ability to master the basic vocabulary and the basic structures of the Russian language.
Oral expression: focus on the ability to communicate in Russian rather than on language correctness. However, phonetic correctness will be specifically stressed.
- Culture: special care will be given to raise students' awareness of the Russian-speaking cultures at all skill levels.
At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
|2||Listening comprehension - individually:
|3||Oral expression - individually:
- level A2 of the CEFRL for oral expression, listening and reading comprehension
- level A1 of the CEFRL for written expression.
- extension and consolidation of vocabulary and grammar structures
- listening and reading exercises
- oral exercises (individual and interactive)
- written exercises
- activities on general topics.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.Learning is contextualized by original or edited texts (reading or listening comprehension).
Vocabulary and basic grammatical structures are trained, consolidated and extended via written and oral exercises (drills, roleplays, interviews, conversations in groups of 2 or 4 people).
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.Different marks are taken into account in the global mark.
Continuous assessment is based on tests and self-evaluative tests during the year (no certificative assessment). Assessment methods will be adapted to the situation of the student.
Evaluation (with the help of ICT) will also be carried out regularly by the teacher during the student's stay abroad.
- Final written and oral exams in June and/or September.
- Students enrolled in ILV for this course who pass the exam are eligible for the elementary Russian level certificate delivered by the ILV (CEFR A2 level).
- Workload : classroom hours : 90;
Homework and self-study : 120 hours.
- The teacher is available during his/her office hours and can be contacted by e-mail.
- Russe Méthode 90, parue chez Pocket
- cassettes audio et vidéo
- CD-Rom d'auto-apprentissage