- explain the pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic factors that need to be taken into account in these specific populations, when prescribing medicines
- explain the indications and contra-indications specific to each population
- understand and to manage drug interactions in these populations
- evaluate the adequacy of drug dosages
- provide appropriate counselling to patients and carers relative to their drug regimen
- discuss with other health care professionals the rational use of medicines in these specific populations
- summarise and critically appraise a published paper relative to a clinical trial relative to pharmacotherapy in the abovementioned populations.
At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
To acquire knowledge and skills in the pharmaceutical care of specific populations, including infants and children, elderly people, pregnant women, and drug abusers.
- For each opulation/situation: general considerations related to medicines use in these populations/situations; baprinciples in rational medicines use; pharmacotherapy for several diseases/medical problems specific to these populations; role of the pharmacist in optimising medicines use
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.This course includes a mixed approach including interactive lectures, some homework (e-learning), and presentation of an assignment (journal club). Teachers – pharmacists and physicians with academic/clinical experience - pay special attention to making links between theory and practice and illustrate with clinical vignettes, where the role of pharmacists in optimising medicines use is highlighted.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.1° written examination with questions to evaluate knowledge and skills (ie theory and practice-based questions)
2° oral presentation of a journal club relative to a paper relative to a specific aspect of pharmacotherapy in a specific population addressed in the present course.
- aucun support obligatoire