15.0 h + 15.0 h
De Smet Anne (coordinator);
Level C2 Spanish.
General social and current affairs issues.
At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
Contribution of teaching unit to learning outcomes assigned to programme
With regard to the learning outcomes assigned to the Master's programme in Interpreting, this teaching unit contributes to the development and acquisition of the following goals: 1.5, 2.1, 2.2, 6.1, 6.2, 6.4
On completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Deliver correctly in Spanish the message first expressed in French;
- Refresh his or her knowledge of Spanish;
- Master and employ appropriate analytical methods and demonstrate the ability to digest information by separating the essential from the non-essential and giving due respect to nuance;
- Practise the level of detachment that makes possible an in-depth analysis of the talk;
- Communicate in such a way as to generate an atmosphere of confidence with his or her audience;
- Demonstrate flexibility and mental acuity in adapting without hesitation to novel communication situations;
Short consecutive into spanish on topical matters and note-taking exercises
Practical exercises in consecutive interpreting (French to Spanish) with feedback and commentary.
Final oral exam and ongoing formative assessment of practical exercises in class.
Faculty or entity
Title of the programme
Master  in Interpreting