The prerequisite(s) for this Teaching Unit (Unité d’enseignement – UE) for the programmes/courses that offer this Teaching Unit are specified at the end of this sheet.
- The basics of health psychology & the principles of health psychology
- The profession of health psychologist
- Illness cognitions & representations
- Health and well-being at the population level
- Health behaviors and health beliefs
- Biopsychosocial aspects of health conditions: stress, cancer, obesity, HIV, coronary heart disease, pain
- Biopsychosocial aspects of health behaviors: smoking, alcohol consumption, eating behavior, physical exercise, screening
At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
The goal of this class is to familiarize students with the general concepts of health psychology.
In terms of learning outcomes, the course is designed to allow students to:
Ogden, J. (2018). Psychologie de la santé, De Boeck, Collection Ouvertures Psychologiques.
Faculty or entity