15.0 h + 15.0 h
The course is an introduction to data sources, indicators and methods in population and development. The following points are covered:
- The place of indicators and quantitative data in population and development (research, project and policy evaluation, etc.)
- Introduction to the main data sources (surveys, censuses, administrative sources,...)
- Finding and using indicators at the aggregate level: access to data, data documentation (metadata)
- Computing indicators: theoretical and practical aspects
- Exploitation of indicators with univariate and bivariate methods.
Lecture and practical work (TP). Students are invited to participate actively in the course and the practical work.
Exercises during the term, final paper and written exam.
- Fichiers de données
Faculty or entity
Title of the programme
Master  in Population and Development Studies