This learning unit is not open to incoming exchange students!
LANGL1181 Anglais pour informaticiens I or a course of a similar level with scientific orientation and 45 ECTS credits completed.
General, scientific and technical English.
At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
|After completion of the course students should reach the following levels:
|Regarding the frame of reference for learning outcomes of the program « Bachelor of engineering», this course contributes to the development, acquisition and evaluation of the following learning outcomes:
- Language proficiency: general and specific vocabulary, grammar, pronunciation
- Autonomous reading and listening comprehension on general, scientific and technical topics and on topics relating to LEPL1402 Informatique 2
- Common language functions used for group interactions and in collaborative work
- Oral and written communication practice on general, scientific, or technical topics
- Mini-presentations on technical topics
Student learning is entirely active and interactive, and based on the principle of flipped classrooms. Before every class students have extensive preparation work to complete on Moodle and in the course notes, where they are guided on their discovery of new texts, videos, vocabulary, grammar, and pronunciation. In class students apply what they learned in written and oral exercises. Teachers give the students feedback on their productions.
- The written exam assesses whether all course objectives have been reached.
- The continuous assessment is based on students' completion of their preparation work on Moodle and on paper, as well as on their participation in classroom exercises.
Attendance is compulsory, as well as the exclusive use of English.
- The resit exam covers all course material and the final grade does not take continuous evaluation into account.
Course attendance is compulsory.
On MoodleUCLouvain: the course LANGL1272 / LANGL1282 - Anglais pour ingénieurs civils & informaticiens II
- Syllabus LANGL1272/LANGL1282 - Anglais pour ingénieurs civils & informaticiens II (disponible sur Moodle et chez UnifCopy)
- A partir du portail UCLouvain, sur MoodleUCLouvain, le cours LANGL1272/LANGL1282 - Anglais pour ingénieurs civils & informaticiens II
Faculty or entity
Title of the programme
Bachelor in Computer Science