The prerequisite(s) for this Teaching Unit (Unité d’enseignement – UE)
for the programmes/courses that offer this Teaching Unit are specified at the end of this sheet.
This teaching unit, entitled Research Workshops IN and ON Architecture, is taught by joint lecturers. It enables students first to develop a research project linked to an architectural project based on an individual topic and second to place this project, in a critical way, in relation to the shared issue and in relation to similar projects of other students.
All the students work together in the research workshop; this encourages group competitiveness and autonomy.
These research workshops are linked to the Final Dissertation which is done entirely independently.
At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
||Design a project
Test an artistic approach
- Express and prioritise the aims of the projects so as to be able to make choices
- Analyse, consider and invent artistic practices through drawings and models
- Adopt approaches which are methodical, creative, metaphorical, perceptive, collaborative etc.
Place the action
- To capture the 'spirit of the time' and identify the means which will enable it to be revealed
- To imagine drivers which can transform the perception of what is real
Make use of other subjects
- Identify and analyse the paradigms on which the study is based according to various given methods and starting from various points of view
Use the technical dimension
- Interpret and synthesise the knowledge of other subjects
Express an architectural procedure
- Be able to apply the various basic technical principles in producing a work of architecture
Test and use relevant means of communication in relation to the intended audience and the target objectives
Adopt a professional attitude
Make committed choices
- Act as an independent player able to understand the framework of his/her mission, and the responsibilities towards third parties as well as his/her legal obligations
- Develop awareness of the political meaning of the work of an architect and his/her responsibility towards society
- Make links between different methodological and epistemological perspectives
- Understand the merits of an idea which can lead to the objectives to be achieved by the project; follow through with determination, even by means of a modest intervention, the implementation of this idea and the achievement of these objectives