The course focuses on climate and its changes:
- The radiative balance
- The causes and variations of climate
- The traces and lessons of the past
- Recent climate change, its sources
- Multiple and spatially heterogeneous effects
- Mitigating and adapting to climate change
The course is organized into 3 learning activities: (1) lectures, (2) readings of scientific articles, (3) presentations & discussions.
The learning outcomes are:
- Understand the causes and effects of climate change
- To put into perspective the contemporary scientific debates in the field
- Know how to conduct a scientific reasoning based on the contents of the theoretical course
The teaching materials will be available on Teams (or moodle) of the course.
Faculty or entity