15.0 h + 5.0 h
Concepts and tools equivalent to those taught in teaching units
|LSTAT2020||Logiciels et programmation statistique de base|
At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
The aim is to familiarize the student with the basic concepts and models in survival analysis. Moreover, by making use of computer packages, the student will be able to solve real data problems. The course stresses more the methodology, the interpretation, and the mechanisms behind common models in survival analysis, and less the theoretical and mathematical aspects.
- Introduction to basic concepts (like censoring and truncation, common parametric survival functions,…)
- Nonparametric estimation of basic quantities (Kaplan-Meier estimator of the survival distribution, Nelson-Aalen estimator of the cumulative hazard function,...), the development of some (asymptotic) properties of these estimators, and hypothesis testing regarding the equality of two or more survival curves
- Proportional hazards model (estimation of model components, hypothesis testing, selection of explanatory variables, model validation, ...)
- Accelerated failure time model (estimation of parameters in model, hypothesis testing, model selection, model validation,...)
The course consists of lectures and exercise sessions. Recorded videos in English are available on Moodle.
The evaluation consists of an oral exam (in order to test the general understanding of the course) and of a project on computer (analysis of real data).
Slides of the course can be downloaded from Moodle.
- Cox, D.R. et Oakes, D. (1984). Analysis of survival data, Chapman and Hall, New York.
- Hougaard, P. (2000). Analysis of multivariate survival data. Springer, New-York.
- Klein, J.P. et Moeschberger, M.L. (1997). Survival analysis, techniques for censored and truncated data, Springer, New York.
Faculty or entity
Programmes / formations proposant cette unité d'enseignement (UE)
Title of the programme
Master  in Biomedical Engineering
Master  in Statistics: Biostatistics
Master  in Mathematics
Master  in Statistics: General
Master  in Mathematical Engineering
Certificat d'université : Statistique et science des données (15/30 crédits)