12.0 h + 4.0 h
Francq Bernard (compensates Govaerts Bernadette); Govaerts Bernadette;
Basics of probability and statistical inference
- Statistical tools for quality insurance - Principles and classes of Shewhart control charts - CUSUM and EWMA control charts - Control charts for autocorrelated and multivariate data - Capability analysis - Decomposition of sources of variability. Gauge analysis. - Reception sampling
At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
At the end of this course, the students will have gain knowledge and a critical view of the statistical tools usefull in the setup of quality insurance policy, in process control and daily follow up of analytical devices. They will be able to apply these tools to industrial data sets.
The themes discussed in this course are :
- Statistical tools for quality insurance
- Principles and classes of Shewhart control charts
- CUSUM and EWMA control charts
- Control charts for autocorrelated, multivariate and short run data
- Capability analysis
- Reception sampling
- Methods presentation on the basis of real-life situations.
- Formal but intuitive discussion of theoretical concepts and formulae for most methods.
- Interpretation of software outputs.
- Interactive lectures: students are encouraged to participate during the course.
- Case studies on JMP, methodological exercises, and JMP Output interpretation.
The evaluation is based on a project, a written exam and an oral exam.
Prerequisite : First course in statistical inference
See the Moodle site: https://moodleucl.uclouvain.be/course/view.php?id=9935
D. C. Montgomery, Statistical Quality Control. New York: Wiley.
Faculty or entity
Programmes / formations proposant cette unité d'enseignement (UE)
Title of the programme
Master  in Agricultural Bioengineering