This new gender studies degree course pools the expertise of the universities in the Wallonia-Brussels Federation in this field, creating or bringing together specific and original course units.
In seeking to play its part in combating all forms of discrimination, gender allocations and stereotypes, and promoting gender balance, equality and diversity, it addresses a major societal challenge.
This Master’s degree offers multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary training in the field of gender studies, based on an intersectional perspective.
The course focuses on understanding the processes that determine how gender and gender relations are incorporated and developed at different levels of society and impact social, political and cultural relations and practices.
The programme comprises theory classes, seminars and more practical sessions, aimed at helping students to acquire the key concepts, historical background and methodological tools underlying gender studies.
- You already hold a university Master’s degree and wish to enhance your profile by exploring gender studies in more depth (sex, gender, sexuality).
- You are already in employment and wish to develop gender mainstreaming skills that could improve your work and benefit your organization.
- You have an interest in issues relating to equality, discrimination, diversity and intersectionality.
- Your ambition is to become an expert in the field of promoting equality and diversity, and to use this expertise in the public, private or voluntary sector.
Your future job
The Master’s in Gender Studies accommodates the demand for continuing vocational training on issues related to gender and male/female equality in the public, private or voluntary sector by offering a degree course that combines theory and practice.
The course aims to position graduates as key specialists capable of monitoring developments in the field of gender studies and understanding and analysing issues before taking action.
This course also seeks to meet the socio-economic needs and expectations of organizations and institutions wishing to develop their skills in this area and to comply with European, federal, regional and Community policy.
This Master’s degree course offers you:
- an interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary approach to gender studies;
- a specialization programme taught by researchers in the relevant fields;
- a wide range of courses to enable you to put together the programme of your choice;
- the opportunity to test your professional skills on the job.