The 120 Master's degree in Management includes the following four elements:
- Core subjects worth 30 credits
This core curriculum includes the master's thesis (20 credits) as well as an internship (10 credits) which may be linked to an issue dealt with in the master's thesis.
- A professional focus worth 30 credits
In-depth study of the distinctive disciplines of the management: strategy, finance, management accounting, marketing, human resources.
A research focus worth 30 credits
including a basic epistemological training and a choice of courses in research methodologies in Management.
> Descriptin of the research focus
- A major worth 30 credits
Spread in two parts, it enables the student to specialise in one of the management field (Marketing, Strategy and Organisation, Finanace, Audit,...). The student has access to majors offered on the two sites of the Louvain School of Management : Louvain-la-Neuve and Mons.
> Detailled description (target, career opportunities,...) of the majors offered in the master in management.
- An option and/or elective courses worth 30 credits
during which students have the opportunity to take courses in one of the 145 partners universities of the Louvain School of Management. Students who do not wish to go abroad may instead take an option course worth 15 credits and 3 courses worth 5 credits each.
The Louvain School of Management also provides students in the 120 Master's degree in Management five different areas of training which can be accessed after they have been selected:
The CEMS Master's in International Management - CEMS MIM
The Louvain School of Management is the sole partner in Belgium of this network which, for the last few years, has brought together the best European management schools and various partners from outside Europe.
Inter-faculty programme on Creation of Small and Medium Enterprises - CPME
This programme brings together students from different faculties at UCL and provides them with the analytical tools to help them understand business processes, start or take on businesses of different kinds and to develop business projects within existing organisations.
International Business programme - IB
This programme is designed for students who wish to pursue an international career. Through an exchange of courses and a 6-month work placement abroad in a multinational company, it promotes an open-minded approach, intercultural awareness, adaptability and pro-activity, all of which are vital for work in an international context.
Double Degree - DD & DDD
By gaining 60 credits from courses at UCL, 60 credits from one of the following partner universities and a dissertation worth 20 credits common to both institutions, students are awarded two degrees, one from the Catholic University of Louvain and the other from the partner university:
- Aalto University (Helsinki, Finland)
- Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration (Bergen, Norway)
- Universidade NOVA de Lisboa (Lisbon, Portugal)
- Vytautas Magnus University (Kaunas, Lithuania)
- KU Leuven (Leuven, Belgium)
- Instituto Superior Técnico - Technical University of Lisbon (Lisbon, Portugal)
A "Dedicated Double Degree", DDD focus on Environmental issues and Supply Chain Management, exclusively offered by LSM and NHH.
The Master in Management, "Financial Management Track" with a double degree LSM-ICHEC
- If you hold a second cycle university degree or a Bachelor degree equivalent to the Master in Management degree (i.e. minimum 240 credits), you can access directly the second year of the Master 120 in Management. This programme will include between minimum 60 and maximum 75 credits. For further information
- Holders of a Master Degree in Business Engineering 120 (or Master in Management 120) with a Professional Focus, may acquire the Master's degree with a research focus by following the Reserach Focus 30-credit programme.