This Master’s degree programme develops the necessary knowledge and expertise for mathematical engineering.
- the design, analysis and implementation of mathematical models for engineering complex systems for the industrial sector and the elaboration of effective strategies to optimise their performance;
- the implementation of theoretical and methodological tools in all areas of engineering sciences as well as in other fields such as economics, finance, environmental sciences or daily life.
- have solid knowledge of mathematics
- are seeking an engineering programme with a focus on applied mathematics
- want access to engineering jobs (in manufacturing and services companies) or advancement in the life sciences, environment, finance or economics;
- want to take advantage of the most recent research advances in your area of specialisation.
Your Future Job
Civil engineers are present in all industrial sectors: industrial chemistry, pharmaceutical and food industries, electronics and telecommunications, energy, metallurgy, aeronautics, design and civil engineering, mass distribution, banking or consulting services, nanotechnologies and medical technology.
They play a role in research and development, oversee production or management and work in marketing and sales (of high tech products).
We find them in departments of finance, computer science, training and quality control, in the public sector, higher education and in the Minister of equipment and transport (www.fabi.be)
This Master’s degree programme offers you
- training in mathematical modelling in all engineering sciences fields;
- flexibility when it comes to building your programme (major and elective courses compose more than half of the programme);
- the chance to complete part of the programme abroad or at KULeuven;
- automatic access to the second year Master’s degree programme in economics, statistics or actuarial sciences.