Decree of 7 November 2013 defining the landscape of higher education and the academic organization of studies.
The admission requirements must be met prior to enrolment in the University.
Subject to the general requirements laid down by the academic authorities, admission to the specialized Master’s degree programme will be granted to students who fulfil the entry requirements for studies leading to the award of a Master’s (second-cycle) degree and who hold a second-cycle diploma, degree, certificate or other qualification issued within or outside the French Community of Belgium, or whose prior learning or experience has been accredited by the Examination Board as being equivalent to at least 300 credits.
Specific Admission Requirements
Accès personnalisé : pour rappel tout master (à l'exception des masters complémentaires) peut également être accessible sur dossier et notamment par validation des acquis de l'expérience (VAE). > En savoir plus
Spécific Admission and Enrolment Procedures for General Registation
The general admission conditions are outlined at https://uclouvain.be/fr/etudier/inscriptions/conditions-masters-specialisation.html
In accordance with the general regulations of the academic authorities, the following students may be admitted to the programmes of Advanced Masters :
- holders of a Master in the same subject confirming second cycle studies of at least 120 credits;
- holders of a Master, in accordance with a decision by the academic authorities to specify additional conditions and on the basis of a reasoned opinion from the panel;
- an academic degree similar to those mentioned above, awarded in the Flemish Community, the German Community or the Royal Military School, under the same conditions;
- a foreign academic degree recognized as equivalent to the first two above, according to decree, a European directive or an international convention;
- a foreign degree confirming second cycle studies and recognized as being worth at least 300 credits, under the same conditions.
Special admission conditions for this programme
Students with a second cycle university degree in a subject other than psychology or education awarded by a university in the French-speaking Community must provide evidence of working professionally for at least one year in a university or higher education institution (teaching, teaching assistant, management).
Application files are examined by a committee of the admissions panel.
Individually tailored access :Entry to all Masters (with the exception of Advanced Masters) can be gained through the special procedure for accrediting prior learning and experience known as VAE (validation des acquis de l'expérience).
Accessible to adults
Various features in the way the programme is organized provide greater flexibility for mature students :
- being awarded this Advanced Master enables candidates to gain a certain number of credits which can be used in the Academy's teacher training programmes
- the classes are only held on certain days, in Louvain-la-Neuve or Namur
- there is a limit on the number of participants to ensure the excellence of the training