The training is centred on practical aspects : language classes held in the target language accompanied by exercises in the language lab, individual assignments and seminars on advanced issues, writing a dissertation in one of the chosen languages, etc.
We strongly recommend ERASMUS exchanges as a way of gaining complete immersion in one of the two languages.
Your Future Job
- have a Bachelor’s degree in Germanic Languages and Literatures and wish to develop your communicative competences in English, Dutch or German ;
- have demonstrated your liking for literary and linguistic topics and wish to specialise in your chosen fields;
- wish to undergo high quality training in a stimulating working atmosphere ;
- wish your training to focus on using your skills in a professional environment.
Apart from teaching, new graduates increasingly work in business (management, administration etc.); some become translators or interpreters, others journalists or proof readers; yet others become managers, private secretaries, booksellers, legal advisers, tourist guides or work as attachés in government departments.
Your study path
The Master’s degree is designed
- for you to reach the European level of ‘proficient user’ in two Germanic languages chosen from English, German or Dutch ;
- for advanced study of the culture, linguistics and literature of the two languages ;
- to gain a high level of critical and analytical expertise ;
- to specialise in a professional field where you can develop your skills.