This Master’s degree enables you to
- learn advanced methodological and critical techniques for finding and using information ;
- to apply them to a specific period (Antiquity, Middle Ages, modern era, contemporary period) or to a field in history, with the aim of producing a personal review of a particular topic (Master’s dissertation) ;
- to develop skills in gathering information, critical analysis and application.
- have a Bachelor’s degree in History and you have demonstrated your liking for the rigorous and critical work of a historian ;
- wish to develop your ability to undertake a piece of original research and defend the results ;
- are looking for a training course that will give you the opportunity to specialise in your chosen areas ;
- seek to enhance your profile with professional skills and to benefit from the opportunity to put them to the test in the field.
Your Future Job
A historian develops reasoning, analysis, critical skills, a sense of proportion and the ability to assemble documentary information: these are all qualities which are valued in various different fields of employment. Teaching, research, communication and areas related to the world of books, heritage promotion, management and document conservation are obvious openings.
Other sectors may also be accessible : the private sector (business, banks or insurance companies for example), tourism, government service and the sociocultural and voluntary worlds.
The Master’s degree offers you
- demanding methodological training applied to your research topic ;
- introduction to an interdisciplinary approach ;
- a varied programme, in which you can combine option courses and focuses according to your areas of interest and the professional profile you wish to cultivate ;
- the possibility of a study visit abroad and/or a work placement in a professional environment.