1. A profile of the graduate
The Master in Business Engineering prepares the graduate to meet the challenge of becoming a socially responsible and enterprising expert in management, incorporating technological and industrial aspects and innovation.
The Master in Business Engineering is a programme that develops the skills and expertise necessary for the dialogue between management professions and science- and technology-oriented professions in public or private, commercial or non-commercial organisations. In addition to training in economics and management and quantitative methods, it aims to boost knowledge in science (physics and chemistry) and technologies (energy, electronics and telecommunications, mechanics and procedures).
At the end of this programme (including a required work placement in a company or research centre and an optional foreign exchange), the graduate will have developed the skills and knowhow that will allow him to master the complex and varied issues that businesses and industries encounter in managing knowledge, occupations, skills and processes at a strategic or logistical level. He will also be specialised in one or more areas of management:
- functional: human management, marketing, finance, accounting, operations and logistics, information systems and ICT, strategy and innovation, etc.
- or transversal: operational, tactical or strategic levels.
At the end of this programme, the graduate will be:
He is capable of implementing socially responsible management practices in any type of organisation.
- He will have acquired in-depth quantitative and methodological skills;
- He is capable of modelling and formulating management problems and situations in sectors that ate highly technological and centred on innovation, among others, with a view to providing solutions and improvements;
- He is capable of assimilating technological processes and mastering their applications in the industrial and service setting.
He is capable of grasping and comprehending the complex issues of the innovative sectors and mastering their management.
Aware of the responsibility inherent to his profession, the graduate will have acquired the mindset of a critical participant, capable of making decisions in organisational, technological and innovative environments while putting ethical and socially responsible management values at the centre of his concerns. He will have adopted an approach of continuous development that will allow him to be a professional demonstrating expertise, capable of adapting and evolving positively in his environment.
2. The competency framework
At the end of this programme, the graduate is capable of:
The exit profile of the Master in Business Engineering graduate is specified by the LSM competency framework (www.lsmcompetencyframework.be) with in particular:
- an academic education centred on training in economics and management, quantitative methods, science (physics and chemistry) and technologies (energy, electronics and telecommunications, mechanics and procedures),
- priority given to the following skills:
- Acting as a socially responsible participant,
- Mastering knowledge,
- Managing a project,
- Innovating and taking action,
- Applying a scientific approach.
- possibility of developing some of these skills in greater depth through his choice of options, tracks, thesis, work placement and exchange.
3. Research training
Students wishing to prepare for the completion of a Doctorate in Management or, more broadly, to learn the methods and domains in research, fundamental and applied, in management have the opportunity to follow the Specialized Focus. The Specialized Focus will develop the student's ability to:
- Identify and locate the different epistemological paradigms characterizing the research in management
- Master the specific methodological modelling approaches and/or empirical, qualitative/quantitative, and design a research platform