The way the course is evaluated varies depending on what subject is being taught (see syllabus).
Depending on the size of the group, and the subject in question, the possibilities are as follows :
- "traditional" evaluation in the form of a final oral or written exam;
- "traditional" evaluation combined with exercises during the year;
- group work in the place of an exam;
- individual work in the place of an exam;
- internship, supervised and evaluated by a "maître de stage" and an academic.
Courses are evaluated according to current university regulations (see General Examination Regulations). Students may find further information on specific evaluation methods in the course descriptions.
To obtain a student’s average, the grades awarded for each course unit are weighted by their respective credits.