From the academic year 2020-2021, this master's degree will be taught mainly in English. Nevertheless, access to the teaching focus requires good mastery of French.
The Master's degree develops the knowledge necessary for an experimental approach to any question relating to the structure, functioning and exploitation for biotechnological purposes of living cells and their molecular components.
- biochemists, capable of understanding the structure, functioning and evolution of macromolecules that form the basis of the structure, functioning and programming of living organisms;
- Molecular and cellular biologists who understand how cells interact with each other, how they grow, adapt, differentiate and die.
- wish to develop know-how and technical and experimental skills in biochemistry and molecular and cellular biology;
- are interested in living cells, their molecular components and the field of biotechnology;
- wish to contribute to research in biochemistry, molecular and cellular biology;
- wish to join a company active in the field of biotechnology, whether in the agri-food, pharmaceutical or biomedical sector.
Your Future Job
By touching the very essence of life, biology is the cornerstone of many scientific disciplines: analysis of genetic information, genome sequencing, biotechnology, etc.
Along with chemistry, it contributes to the design of new products. In interaction with physics, it generates new methods for the detection of diseased cells, for example cancer cells.
Our graduates exercise their skills in scientific, fundamental or applied research in research institutes or private laboratories, in expertise and resource management in the private or public sector, in education, training and communication.
The master offers you
- original pedagogical tools: workshop, tutorial thesis;
- the possibility of discovering, during three fifteen-day periods, specialized laboratories of Louvain Institute of Biomolecular Science and Technology (LIBST) ;
- advanced training in experimental research, through a one-year thesis in a laboratory of your choice;
- a professional immersion internship in a laboratory or a company, in Belgium or abroad;
- the possibility of carrying out the internship or part of the master's degree abroad.