The student constructs his programme to include four main coherent sections: core courses (43 credits), a dissertation (and supporting seminar: 17 credits), a focus (30 credits)and two optional courses (2 x 15 credits).
The programme of the first year of the Master is made up of:
- Courses and practical exercises from the core courses (spread out across the year) ;
- the supporting seminar for the dissertation (2nd semester) ;
- one optional course, from the fifteen which are available (2nd semester).
The programme of the 2nd year of the Master is made up of:
- a selected focus, from the eight focuses available, either at UCL, at KUL or abroad (1st semester) ;
- the dissertation (spread out across the year) ;
- a selected optional course, from the fifteen optional courses available â€” or optional courses in other focusesâ€” or courses taken abroad at a partner university (Erasmus) (2nd semester).