After passing the admission test you will start your cursus with the bachelor's programme in Engineering Sciences . This programme offers a basic science education and a specific training in Engineering sciences.
During the second annual unit, you will opt for two different trainings in specialized Polytechnics. These specialization tracks enable you to get acquainted with two specialties in Engineering Sciences and to prepare you for a specialized master. Seven different specialization tracks are available: Applied Chemistry and Physics, Construction, Electricity, Computer Sciences, Biomedical Engineering, Applied Mathematics and Mechanics.
The student has the possibility to replace one of these tracks by an accessible opening minor.
Following a strong math and science education during high school is recommended.
Your Future Job
All industrial sectors need civil engineers: the chemical industry, pharmaceutical and food industries, electronics and telecommunications industries, metallurgy, aeronautics, construction and engineering, large scale distribution, banking and consulting services, nanotechnologies and medical technologies, etc.
They play a role as researchers and developers, are responsible for production or management and hold jobs in marketing and sales (of advanced technological products).
We find civil engineers in departments of finance, information technology, training or quality control, the public sector, higher education, or in the Ministry of equipment and transportation. (www.fabi.be)
The programme offers :
- a strong scientific education in : mathematics, physics, chemistry, computer science, numerical computation, probabilities and statistics, ...
- a problem-based learning in small groups
- a training in concrete problem analyzing, looking for missing items, and developing your own solutions
- engineering projects management, from the conception to completion
- high-level skills: analysis, critical thinking, communication, team working, conception in a multididciplinary context.
Once bachelor, you will continue your training by one of the following Masters: Biomedical Engineering, Chemical and Materials Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer science, Data Sciences Engineering, Physical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electro-mechanical Engineering, Mathematical Engineering.