Double degree programme UCLouvain-Institut catholique de Paris
Students interested in the Master’s degree in Ancient Languages and Literatures: Oriental Studies (research focus) have the possibility of attending this programme within the framework of the double degree (https://uclouvain.be/fr/facultes/fial/master-en-orientalisme.html) run in collaboration with the Institut catholique de Paris. Admission to the double degree is not automatic. Students must submit an application. Students selected spend the first annual unit of their Master’s degree in Paris and the second in Louvain-la-Neuve.
For further information, please contact Professor Andrea Schmidt or the Head of the international relations office at the Faculty of Philosophy, Arts and Letters.
Students pursuing a Master’s degree in Ancient Languages and Literatures: Oriental Studies may, as part of their studies, undertake:
- a study visit for one term (30 credits) in one of the many universities (https://uclouvain.be/fr/facultes/fial/partenaires-0.html) with which the Faculty of Philosophy, Arts and Letters has concluded partnership agreements, in Europe under the Erasmus+ programme, in Switzerland under the SEMP programme, or elsewhere in the world under the FAME/Mercator programme, or
- a study visit for one term (30 credits) in one of the partner universities in Flanders, under the Erasmus Belgica programme.
It is advisable to organise the study visit during the second term of the first annual unit or the first term of the second annual unit.
The list of recommended destinations (https://uclouvain.be/fr/facultes/fial/mobilite-internationale-0-1-2-3-4-5-6-7.html) is available on the Faculty’s website.
Furthermore, under the agreement between UCLouvain and KU Leuven, Oriental Language and Literature courses may be taken from the KU Leuven programme.
Students can undertake an internship in Belgium or abroad as part of their study programme. Internships must be related to the specialization (focus) or, in some cases, to the preparation for the MA dissertation.
To find out more:
- Contacts (https://uclouvain.be/fr/facultes/fial/contact-0-1.html)
- Practical information (https://uclouvain.be/fr/facultes/fial/etudiant-fial-en-echange.html) (in French)
- Information on international internships (https://uclouvain.be/fr/facultes/fial/stages-internationaux.html) (in French)