Students pursuing a Master’s degree in Modern and Ancient Languages and Literatures may, as part of their studies, undertake:
- a study visit for one term (30 credits) in one of the many universities (https://uclouvain.be/fr/facultes/fial/partenaires-0.html) with which the Faculty of Philosophy, Arts and Letters has concluded partnership agreements, in Europe under the Erasmus+ programme, in Switzerland under the SEMP programme, or elsewhere in the world under the FAME/Mercator programme, or
- a study visit for one term (30 credits) in one of the partner universities in Flanders, under the Erasmus Belgica programme.
It is advisable to organise the study visit during the second term of the first year or the first term of the second year.
Note: all teaching focus classes must be taken at UCL.
The list of recommended destinations (https://uclouvain.be/fr/facultes/fial/mobilite-internationale-0-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13.html) is available on the Faculty’s website.
Furthermore, under the agreement between UCL and KU Leuven, Latin language and literature courses may be taken from the KU Leuven programme.
Students can undertake an internship in Belgium or abroad as part of their study programme. Internships must be related to the specialization (focus) or, in some cases, to the preparation for the MA dissertation.
To find out more:
- Contacts (https://uclouvain.be/fr/facultes/fial/contact-0-1.html)
- Practical information (https://uclouvain.be/fr/facultes/fial/etudiant-fial-en-echange.html) (in French)
- Information on international internships (https://uclouvain.be/fr/facultes/fial/stages-internationaux.html) (in French)