The Master 60 in Mathematics offers
- a thorough education in cutting-edge fundamental mathematics;
- an interdisciplinary introduction to physics, statistics, probability, cryptography, information theory, financial mathematics, actuarial science, etc.;
teaching based on your personal learning history;
- the possibility of moving directly to the second year of the Master 120 in mathematics and to the teacher training certificate (upper secondary education).
- have a sense of the precision and rigour of reasoning
- wish to develop your analytical skills and apply your capacity for reasoning and your spirit of abstraction in order to understand, model and solve complex situations in every field of application of mathematics.
Your Future Job
Whatever his specialisation, the mathematician will be able to exercise his talents in a variety of very different professional sectors and to make the most of the powerful tools he has developed in situations that are often a long way from mathematics. The disciplinary knowledge and skills of the mathematician offer access to many professions in which mathematics interacts with other disciplines (particularly in research laboratories in the climatology sector, in meteorology and in astronomy, in research and development institutes in the biochemistry and pharmacology sectors, in analysis and development departments in the economics sector, in finance and insurance, in computer companies, in cryptography and telecommunications).
This Master program offers a solid training in fundamental mathematics that will equip you with tools in the main mathematical disciplines. Learning is completed by optional courses in your chosen fields in mathematics or in closely related fields (applied mathematics, physics, statistics and biostatistics, actuarial science, computing...).