The Master’s degree offers a programme which is unique in the French-speaking Community based on original and dynamic teaching methods thanks to the links with the University of Liege, the Université libre de Bruxelles and the higher education colleges IMEP (Institut Supérieur de Musique et de Pédagogie, Namur) and IHECS (Institut des Hautes Etudes en Communication Sociale, Brussels).
By the end of this Master’s degree, you
- will have had solid training in pure musicology ;
- will have specialised in one of the main professional fields either through choosing a professional focus in musicology related to art history, or the practice of music related to a theoretical approach, with the ’IMEP (Institut Supérieur de Musique et de Pédagogie, Namur) or on careers as a manager, critic or musical events organiser, with IHECS (Institut des Hautes Etudes en Communication Sociale, Brussels) and COMU (Faculty of Economic, Social and Political Sciences – School of communication).
- are about anything related to music, whether it be classical, contemporary, popular or traditional ;
- wish to develop tools for the analysis and criticism of different musical spheres ;
- are looking for a programme which trains you for a career in music, in the fields of pure musicology, management, criticism or organising musical events.
Your futur job
Our graduates work in
- the fields of heritage and archaeology ;
- different areas of culture and communication (art galleries, art dealership, antiques, professional advice, teaching and education departments, cultural mediation, journalism, publishing, etc.) ;
- teaching and research.
The Master’s degree offers you
- solid university level training in musicology ;
- training in professional music practice: communication, management, instrumental practice, research ;
- a dynamic and original teaching approach with many practical activities (work placements, concerts, musical exercises, colloquia, etc.) which provide direct contact with musicology today and the career paths it offers ;
- individual academic supervision by your dissertation supervisor.