The bachelor's degree provides a specific training in theology including a basic training in the humanities. It gives access to the master in Theology, the Master in Biblical Studies and the Master in Religious Studies . The Faculty of Theology welcomes students from all countries, who intend to sometimes very different futures.
After the first cycle, you
- have received a solid and basic education in the humanities ;
- you will have dealt with issues of biblical exegesis and their relation with religious studies ;
- will be able to initiate an ethical and dogmatic thinking ;
- will be able to approach the biblical and Christian texts in Greek or Latin traditions ;
- will have had the opportunity to put your skills to work in a first work of theological research .
A good knowledge of spoken and written French , an aptitude for to analytical and synthetical thinking, an open mind and an interest in social and religious issues are the requirements to begin studies in religious studies and theology.
Your Future Job
The expert on the Christian faith is appreciated for its qualities of listening and dialogue.
He finds a job in education and, after having done additional studies, in the field of research in theology, pastoral ministry (parishes , prisons, hospitals), religious journalism , consulting or intercultural and religious mediation, etc. .
The bachelor's degree provides a basic training in the humanities as well as specific training in theology. You will also learn the theological branches: Biblical exegesis , history and Church history, , religious studies, ethical and dogmatic thinking , etc. .
The second and third years offer more specific training in the various theological disciplines in exploring important theological issues.
In addition to learning a modern language, the program also includes an introduction to the ancient languages (Biblical Greek, Latin, Hebrew).