Organized by Louvain School of Statistics, Biostatistics and Actuarial Sciences (LSBA), this Master’s program offers you
- A training in the fundamental concepts of statistics and to the main technical tools and software for the analysis of statistical data.
- The choice between a focus on research or oriented towards a field of applications.
- Several opportunities to put in practice statistical techniques based on exercises, individual projects, analyses of real data using statistical software and the preparation of a Master’s thesis, possibly in collaboration with an external industry partner.
- Hold an undergraduate diploma and you wish to become a specialist in data analysis methods;
- Hold an undergraduate diploma or Master’s degree from a University or a University college and statistics is an additional competence to your actual training;
- Are working in the field of applied data analysis and you wish to provide an academic framework for your practice.
The program of Master’s degree in Statistics is composed of a core study program of 52 to 74 credits of courses (UE) and 30 credits (including the Master’s thesis) of professional or methodological focus (finalité spécialisée). You will complete your programs with courses from the proposed options of the programs.
The methodological focus (finalité approfondie) is an initiation to fundamental or applied research in statistics, but also gives access to the professional life.
The specialized focus (finalité spécialisée) is oriented towards applied statistics and aims to provide you with the main tools for statistical data analysis.