Discover, broaden and deepen knowledge and skills in German language, linguistics, literature and culture and put them to use, in connection with the learning outcomes from your major, in a relevant way in order to study in depth a problem or complex system relating to your major.
On successful completion of this programme, each student is able to :
1. Attain communication and language competence in German level B2+ (advanced independent user under the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
2. Develop an in-depth analysis of phenomena, questions or problems related to German studies and fields related to your major; in particular an in-depth understanding of literary texts, whether they are contemporary or from periods studied or of a cultural and language subject related to the German-speaking world, but also theoretical or literary texts from the Middle Ages, and the Renaissance and Baroque periods.
3. Demonstrate in-depth understanding and make appropriate use of a range of critical analysis methods relevant to German studies, in particular in the field of literary and cultural studies in order to be able to easily understand or study phenomena that also relate to classics, musicology, the history of art, philosophy or history.
4. Comprehend and integrate an interdisciplinary and comparative approach into your studies: develop criticism using the course input (theories, concepts, approaches...) in the different fields (linguistics, literary and cultural studies) that further studies into language and culture in the German-speaking world and those related to the major in order to rigorously question, analyse and discuss a phenomenon, question or complex problem related to the subject of the student’s major and/or that falls under one of the related subjects.
5. German immersion period in another institution overseas. Carry out part of his or her education in a German-speaking institution (prorated according to available places). Develop in an international and multicultural environment, further the scientific study of another language and culture from an intercultural perspective and be exposed to other educational experiences.