Parallel to the practical training, the specialist candidate will follow a university training programme organised as follows :
part - Foundation studies
During the first 2 years of the undergraduate course in Dental Sciences, the candidate will have to follow all the theoretical and
practical courses except those he is exempt from because of his degree as a doctor in medecine or as a doctor. In addition, the
candidate will follow 90 hours of theoretical sessions and 170 hours of practical sessions each year:
• journal-club (45h)
• service staff (45h)
• assistance in clinical activities of the service (consultations, surgical interventions, on-duty calls) (135h)
• participation in national and international courses and congresses, (20h)
• participation in Belgian inter-university lectures (15h)
These two years constitute the specific university training (FUS).
In the third year, the candidate will follow all the theoretical and practical courses of the third undergraduate year in Dental
Sciences as well as following the activities of higher training described below.
N.B. : the candidates are jointly enroled as undergraduate students in Dental Sciences and as assistants candidate specialists
during the first 3years.
part - Higher studies
The higher studies consist of : :
• Lectures on complements of Stomatology (60h)
• Polyclinic Stomatology (90h)
• Turns on Stomatology Wards (45h)
• Discussions of clinical cases of Stomatology (30h)
• Demonstration operations of Stomatology (135h)
• Seminar on Stomatology (45h)
• Participation in Belgian inter-university courses (15h)