Double degree programmes
Two double degree programmes are offered within the framework of the master's degree in French and Romance languages and letters, French as a foreign language focus. Within a double degree track, the universities recognise as equivalent the courses taken in the other university. Double degree programmes enhance:
staff and student mobility,
exchange of courses (via e-learning and video-conferences),
sharing of experience.
Students selected for a double degree programme are required to write a single Master’s dissertation which is supervised by two professors one from both universities. An examining board made up of two co-promoters and other experts from the partner assesses the joint Master's dissertations.
Further information about the two double degree programmes available to students interested in the Master's degree are available via the following links:
- Hanoï University, Vietnam (https://uclouvain.be/fr/facultes/fial/double-diplome-universite-hanoi.html) (in French)
- Fu Jen Catholic University, Taiwan (https://uclouvain.be/fr/facultes/fial/double-diplome-francais-langue-etrangere-universite-catholique-fu-jen.html) (in French)
Students pursuing a Master  in French and Romance Languages and Literatures : French as a Foreign Language may, as part of their studies, undertake:
a study visit for one term (30 credits) in one of the many universities (https://uclouvain.be/fr/facultes/fial/partenaires-0.html) with which the Faculty of Philosophy, Arts and Letters has concluded partnership agreements, in Europe under the Erasmus+ programme, in Switzerland under the SEMP programme, or elsewhere in the world under the FAME/Mercator programme, or
a study visit for one term (30 credits) in one of the partner universities in Flanders, under the Erasmus Belgica programme.
It is advisable to organise the study visit during the first term of the second annual unit.
Students can undertake an internship in Belgium or abroad as part of their study programme. Internships must be related to the specialization (focus) or, in some cases, to the preparation for the MA dissertation.
To find out more:
- Contacts (https://uclouvain.be/en/faculties/fial/international-contact.html)
- Practical information (https://uclouvain.be/fr/facultes/fial/etudiant-fial-en-echange.html) (in French)
- Information on international internships (https://uclouvain.be/fr/facultes/fial/stages-internationaux.html) (in French)