Possible trainings at the end of the programme

Whatever the focus chosen, the Master’s [120] degree gives direct access to the PhD in Science.

In addition, there are two particularly adapted programmes that allow for further study and obtaining specific diplomas :

1) An additional year of study at Mol, after the Master's [120] degree, allows to follow the English-speaking interuniversity programme giving the title of "Master in Nuclear Engineering" managed by BNEN (Belgian Nuclear Higher Education Network) (intensive courses are given in English by professors from different Belgian universities at the Mol Nuclear Research Center).

2) For students who have completed and passed a Master's [120] degree with specialized focus on medical physics, an expert's license in radiotherapy, medical radiophysics or radiology may be obtained by carrying out a 1-yr internship after the Master [120]. This internship also includes some additional teaching units required by the Federal Agency for Nuclear Control. These teaching units provide additional training in the following areas :

  • principles, techniques and quality control in medical imaging ;
  • special radiological protection issues and supplements ;
  • radiochemistry, radiotoxicology and radiopharmacy ;
  • assessment of the risks of radioactive releases into the environment in normal and accidental situations, and emergency plan for nuclear risks.

In addition, UCLouvain Masters (usually 60) are widely available to UCLouvain Masters’ graduates. For example :

  • the Master [120] in Science and Environmental Management and the Master [60] in Science and Environmental Management (direct access with possible supplements) ;
  • the different Masters [60] in management science (direct access through examination of the file) : see the list ;
  • Master [60] in Information and Communication in Louvain-la-Neuve or Master [60] in Information and Communication in Mons.