180 credits - 3 years
Day schedule - In French
Francophone Certification Framework : 6
Internship : NO
Activities in other languages : NO
Computer science, or more generally information and communications technology (ICT), is everywhere; everyone uses computers/smartphones/… to communicate, work, study, play, travel, and manage. More and more activities are assisted by computers. SMEs, public services, education world, associations, leisure, in two words the world, has a growing need for computer scientists who are competent, creative and motivated. We cannot count the daily-used IT systems: Internet, mobile, social networks, robotics, home automation, e-commerce, search engines, business management, hospitals, road safety, exhibitions and management of theatres or museums, transport, energy supply and many other areas rely on IT. There will be more and more areas impacted by ICT tomorrow and more complex applications will be needed.
With the bachelor’s degree in computer science, you will
• understand in depth the foundations for the design and implementation of simple computer applications;
• master the basic underlying computer technologies;
• have developed your ability for reasoning and abstraction, required to design future applications;
• master the mathematical techniques involved in such reasoning;
• get the luggage necessary for the future "master in computer science," oriented toward the development of complex software applications.
• have a taste for problem solving;
• are pushed by a great curiosity;
• overflow of creativity and imagination;
• are a head for abstraction, analysis and synthesis;
• have a methodical mind and show rigor in your reasoning;
• are good for human contact, organization of teamwork, leadership, etc.
Following a strong mathematical option during high school and feeling an attraction to science or economics are assets.
Your future job
During his career, the computer scientist will flourish and evolve in one or more of the following profiles:
• The designer identifies the needs of the future user and determines the technical means useful to fulfil these needs. He is able to speak "the language" of the customer, it has a fairly broad culture to interact successfully with non-computer experts. He masters computer technology to identify the best solution. It builds a quality architecture for this solution.
• The achiever is able to translate the indications and guidelines produced by the designer in computer components. He analyses in detail some components of the architecture, he programs, tests, deploys these components into an integrated solution. His technical expertise is very sharp.
• The IT project manager takes care of the smooth running of the project; he is responsible for the completion of the tasks associated with these systems, their safety, planning their development. As the designer, it has qualities in terms of human contacts, a good general education and strong technical skills.
The bachelor has a compulsory part covering different disciplines
• computer science ;
• mathematics ;
• economics, management and social sciences;
• sciences and technology.
You choose a minor to complete your training. This option allows to open your study program to domains you are interested outside the computer science or to deepen some fields closer to the mandatory part of the program (computer science or management).
Once bachelor, you will continue your training by the Master in Computer Science.