Mobility and/or Internationalisation outlook

Students doing a Master [120] in Translation may undertake a study visit abroad, which must take place during the first term in the second annual block of the Master’s programme.

During the exchange, students must take 30 course credits in another university either in Flanders or abroad, substituting the courses normally included in their programme, and may receive a grant (Belgica, Erasmus+, FAME/Mercator), depending on their destination.

Master [120] in Translation students must also undertake a three-month, full-time internship in a company or organisation in Belgium or abroad (the language spoken on the internship will be one of the two languages studied).
The internship will take place during the second term in the second year of the Master’s programme. When students do their internship abroad, they may receive an Erasmus+, Belgica or Mercator grant.


European Master in Specialised Translation (METS)

Master [120] in Translation students may enrol on the METS programme.

The prestigious European Master in Specialised Translation offers selected second-annual-block students a year of specialisation and cross-cultural professionalisation in the form of an original programme guaranteed by the 10 consortium partners’ requirements of excellence.
This gives students the opportunity to hone their specialised, professional skills in Europe and to enhance their academic experience with a view to facilitating their integration into the international labour market:

METS students complete their internship as part of the METS or substitute their internship with courses.

Note: All teaching focus classes must be taken at UCLouvain. 


To find out more: