120 credits - 2 years
Day schedule - In English
Francophone Certification Framework : 7
Internship : YES
Activities in other languages : NO
This master’s degree trains top-level scientists able to solve contemporary problems linked to chemistry; it provides a solid theoretical formation and develops experimental ability, synthetic and critical way of thinking, as well as the rigour of scientific reasoning and expression.
The completion of a final year dissertation (master thesis) in one of the laboratories of the Institute of Condensed Matter and Nanosciences or the Institute of Biomolecular Science and Technology furthermore constitutes an initiation to research, opening the door to a potential doctorate.
- want to help solve the great challenges of our time by creating new molecules with novel properties
- would like to work in university or public research institutes, in industrial laboratories,
- wish to develop experimental tools and sharp knowledge in advanced chemistry,
- envision to teach chemistry in upper secondary education classes.
Your future job
Chemistry is constantly developing and offers many job prospects. Industry is one of the largest employers: petrochemicals, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, plastics and polymers, paint manufacturing, cosmetics, dyes, waste recycling, etc.
The chemist also puts his·her skills at the service of research (research institutes or industrial laboratories). Chemistry also opens up career opportunities in education, computer science, banking and insurance and other sometimes unsuspected professions. The environment is now an increasingly demanding sector.
This master offers you
- a solid theoretical training in the fundamental orientations of chemistry ;
- high experimental and advanced research skills in chemistry;
- great freedom in setting up your program;
- an opportunity to test your skills in the field, in a research lab, in industry or in a high school class;
- the possibility of completing your internship or part of your Master’s degree abroad.