120 credits - 2 years
Day schedule - In French
Francophone Certification Framework : 7
Internship : YES
Activities in other languages : NO
The Master  in Management (GESM2M) aims to develop the transferable skills and expertise required for management functions in public and private, national and international, commercial and non-commercial organisations.
- assimilated management theories and concepts with a view to using them effectively and appropriately;
- placed organisations in their socio-economic and institutional context in order to understand the interdependencies between organisation and environment and translate them into management decisions;
- incorporated the challenges of international competition into socially responsible management practices;
- developed (including via a mandatory company internship and an optional foreign exchange) the skills and know-how to competently handle the complex and varied challenges that organisations face in managing functions and skills at a strategic, tactical and operational level;
- had the opportunity to take advantage of one of LSM’s special options, which include international double degrees, the CEMS programme and the digital marketing immersion programme.
- teaching by researchers and experts in the field;
- active teaching methods;
- various courses taught in English;
- the opportunity to study for one term at one of the 145 partner universities;
- a management internship within a company;
- the only available access in Belgium to the CEMS selection programme with a view to also obtaining the Master’s degree in International Management (CEMS);
- the opportunity to specialise in auditing and accountancy;
- access to the inter-faculty Entrepreneurship specialisation (CPME major, based on your academic record) or the Sustainable Management specialisation (Philippe de Woot major in Corporate Sustainable Management);
- the opportunity to specialise in Finance through the Financial Management track, leading to a double degree from LSM and ICHEC;
- the opportunity to specialise in Marketing and obtain a BASF certificate from visiting trainers from BASF Management Consulting (BASF headquarters, Germany) in two courses (the Tactical and Digital Marketing Decisions majors and the Marketing Decisions option);
- the opportunity to take part in the IB selection programme (exchange with a partner university and a six-month internship in a company outside the European Union);
- the opportunity to complete a double degree organised with one of seven prestigious partner universities;
- the opportunity to become a digital marketing expert;
- the opportunity to do a major and an option in your chosen field with a view to becoming an expert in that field.
- meet the admission requirements for this programme;
- wish to use your entrepreneurial skills and transform initiatives into economic and social realities;
- tend towards decision-making and management functions;
- are aiming for excellence in national and international management.
Your future job
A position of responsibility in corporate leadership and management in which you can put into practice your ability to undertake initiatives, transform them into economic realities, organise and ensure the continuity of these activities, seek out the necessary resources and combine them in an appropriate manner.
Our management graduates make a career for themselves in many sectors, including industry (production and operations management), banking and insurance, auditing and large-scale retail, in private companies, public organisations, non-profit organisations, SMEs, multinationals and consultancy firms.
They hold positions of responsibility, such as management controller, company auditor, investment adviser, financial analyst, HR development manager, project manager, IT consultant, sales manager, purchasing manager, logistics manager or environmental manager.
The 120-credit Master’s programme will comprise:
- professional focus courses on management topics (finance, marketing, strategy, etc.), as well as seminars;
- one major, comprising six courses to be selected from the main fields of management;
- a one-term exchange (highly recommended but not compulsory) or a term of six courses, including a foreign language and an option comprising three courses;
- an internship;
- a dissertation.
- various advanced Master’s degrees
- graduate management school
- teacher training certificate (upper secondary education)