180 credits - 3 years
Day schedule - In French
Francophone Certification Framework : 6
Internship : YES
Activities in other languages : NO
The Bachelor in Business Engineering programme combines management studies with quantitative methods and business informatics. It also provides students with a broad knowledge base in economics, human science, law and two foreign languages.
This Bachelor’s degree aims to facilitate the acquisition of transferable skills specific to the university, such as rigorous, methodical and critical analysis, the ability to work independently and as part of a team, and communication and creativity skills.
This Bachelor’s programme fully embraces a long-term vision of our society, in terms of both sustainable development and digital transformation.
By the end of the first cycle, you will have acquired:
- a multidisciplinary background, with a cross-disciplinary approach to management functions;
- skills geared towards quantitative methods and business informatics but also data analysis and technologies, with a vision of a sustainable society;
- a scientific approach and a socially responsible mindset.
When you embark on a business engineering course, it is most important that you have had a good general education. Having opted for a strong mathematics bias in the last two years of secondary school could be an advantage. An interest in project management, IT systems design, data management, logistics or sustainable development are excellent reasons to take up the challenge.
Your future job
Business Engineering graduates make a career for themselves in many sectors, including industry, banking and insurance, auditing and large-scale retail, in private companies, public organisations, SMEs, multinationals and consultancy firms.
They hold positions of responsibility, such as project manager, data analyst/scientist, IT consultant, sales manager, purchasing manager, logistics manager, management controller or financial analyst.
The Bachelor’s programme offers you:
- gradual acquisition of the knowledge you need to take up a “decision-maker” role in a company;
- courses focused on quantitative methods and business informatics, and also on data analysis and technologies;
- the ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- communication and creativity skills;
- language training (English and Dutch/Spanish) throughout the degree course.
This Bachelor’s degree gives access to various Master’s programmes, including the Master in Business Engineering.
Students who have taken the electromechanics or biochemistry technology option will be able to pursue their studies and obtain 25 extra credits at HELHa during their Master’s degree in Business Engineering.
Once they have completed this specific study path, they will have access to a tailored Master’s degree in Industrial Engineering, which they can obtain in one year after their Master in Business Engineering. It is therefore possible to obtain two degrees (Master in Business Engineering and Master in Industrial Engineering) after six years of study (www.icarre.eu).