120 credits - 2 years
Day schedule - In English
Francophone Certification Framework : 7
Internship : NO
Activities in other languages : NO
Organised in collaboration with the UNamur and the KU Leuven and equivalent to the MPhil programmes of foreign universities (UK, Netherlands, for example), the master in economic sciences, econometrics orientation is designed for students who envisage continuing their training with a third cycle (doctorate) and wish to receive in two years a training in research that will enable them to pursue a doctoral thesis project under ideal conditions. The courses are given in English by researchers who propose advanced questions in topics of pure economics.
THIS PROGRAMME IS GIVEN AND EVALUATED ENTIRELY IN ENGLISH.
- You have good skills in mathematics and statistics and wish to contribute to the analysis of the most recent economic and social questions;
- you wish to do research and envisage continuing your education with a doctorate;
- you are interested in pure economics and wish to acquire an analytical expertise on economic matters.
Your future job
Our graduates will orient themselves both towards the private sector and towards the public or institutional sector, where they will hold analytical positions and participate in decision-making of all kinds: economic policy decisions or strategic corporate decisions.
The master offers you
- the possibility of composing your programme à la carte to acquire expertise in a specialised area, as a function of your field of research;
- advanced training in the methodological tools of the economist; many personal works and research seminars on specialised issues;
- a preparation for writing scientific articles in your area of specialisation;
- an integration into international research teams for doing your thesis.
POSSIBILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN THE OUTSTANDING ERASMUS MUNDUS PROGRAMME
The QEM Models and Methods of Quantitative Economics is an Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree (EMJMD) that has been running since 2006. The newest edition called QEM2018 is offered by the Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (France), the coordinating institution, Université catholique de Louvain (Belgium), Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (Spain), Università Ca' Foscari Venezia (Italy), and Warsaw School of Economics (Poland).