180 credits - 3 years
Day schedule - In French
Francophone Certification Framework : 6
Internship : NO
Activities in other languages : YES
Completing a bachelor's degree in business engineering in a trilingual French-English-Dutch programme is an asset in a globalised professional world, and opens the door to positions requiring a command of Dutch, English and French.
The UCLouvain Saint-Louis - Bruxelles campus offers a trilingual French-English-Dutch business engineering programme. All courses take place on the Saint-Louis - Bruxelles campus in the centre of Brussels (near Botanique and Rogier metro stations).
Studies in business engineering mainly combine courses in economics and management with courses in the sciences (quantitative methods, physics, chemistry and technology).
Management studies are aimed at informing decision-making within companies (or private or public organisations), and are at the heart of the programme.
Areas such as financial analysis, marketing analysis, production management, human resources management and strategic analysis are covered. These subjects may be supported by a solid background in quantitative methods (mathematics and statistics).
The programme is rounded off with a good introduction to economic analysis.
Management decisions and company performance are inevitably influenced by the economic environment. Understanding this environment and how it affects a company is therefore essential.
Science and technology courses are designed to enable students to understand technological issues and interact with company specialists in these fields.
In the first cycle, the programme includes courses in languages, law and the humanities.
Students are gradually prepared to take on managerial or consultancy roles in a company or a private or public institution.
The bachelor's degree in business engineering is for you if...
- you have a good command of English and Dutch
- you have a solid general education (mathematics, sciences and languages)
- you have taken advanced mathematics during the last two years of secondary education
- you are interested in management, economics and technology
- you are looking for an extensive programme which leads to several different opportunities.
There is no selection process for multilingual programmes.
- However, a written language test is held at the beginning of the year. It is used as a guide to assess language skills and to recommend or advise against a bilingual or trilingual programme.
- In the event of difficulties, there is the option to return to the unilingual programme in French, with language courses.
Your future job
The business engineering programme is divided into two cycles: the three-year bachelor's degree and the one- or two-year master's degree. After completing a master's degree in business engineering, there are many and varied career opportunities. Graduates have access to management positions in areas such as:
- the private sector (industry and services): organisation and production management, financial management, marketing, human resources management
- consultancy firms
- public and private, national and international banks and financial institutions
- private institutions, public administration and public companies
- education and academic research
The programme is made up of courses which can be divided into seven categories:
- Computer science and quantitative methods
- Humanities and social sciences
- Science and technology
The proportion of the programme devoted to management increases gradually each year.
Proficiency in several languages is essential for a successful career in management. In addition to the compulsory language courses included in the bachelor's programme, the Faculty of Economics, Social and Political Sciences and Communication Saint-Louis in Brussels offers multilingual programmes which allow students to practise a second and even a third language actively. Students take part of their programme in a language other than French, which amounts to four course units per year (two in English and two in Dutch) for the trilingual French/English/Dutch programme.
Pursuing a dual bachelor's degree
Our dual bachelor's degrees are one of the special features of UCLouvain Saint-Louis - Bruxelles.
Students can take a second bachelor's degree, in tandem with their main bachelor's degree. This means that they complete their main programme with a minimum of 60 and a maximum of 125 additional credits spread over several years. The additional bachelor's degree can be completed after the main bachelor's degree. A series of courses taken as part of the main programme count towards the additional bachelor's degree and are therefore no longer subject to assessment.
The additional bachelor's degree has the same value as the main bachelor's degree and provides immediate access to the corresponding master's degree.
The following second degrees are available:
- Bachelor in Law [Dual Bachelor’s degree for the holder of a Bachelor in Business Engineering]
- Bachelor in Philosophy [Dual Bachelor’s degree for the holder of a Bachelor in Business Engineering]
For further information, please contact the faculty administration: email@example.com