You're an asylum-seeker based in a Croix-Rouge center in Belgium? The University of Louvain together with the Croix-Rouge de Belgique offer you to (re)connect with university education via its MOOCs program, a set of online courses open to everyone.
Are you willing to
- discover new topics, new teachers, new ways of learning?
- complement or deepen your former learning?
- reach out to Belgian students, on one of the UCL campusses?
We offer you to
- choose a LouvainX massive open online course - MOOC (see below the list of the MOOCs taking part)
- as you prefer,
- only follow the online course activities (= MOOC only)
- or follow the MOOC online AND join the regular on-campus activities, such as lectures, practical sessions, group works (including the exam) (= MOOC + on-campus classes)
The Croix-Rouge helps you with
- access to IT infrastructure (in one of the four fully equipped Croix-Rouge centers: Arlon, Belgrade, Sainte-Ode or Tournai)
- technical support, if needed, to get familiar with computers and/or with the online MOOC platform etc.
UCLouvain helps you in
- covering the expenses for the enrollment as "free student" at UCL and for the edX certificate for completing the MOOC
- covering the travel expenses between the Red Cross center and UCL campuses, when attending the on-campus activities
- individual tutoring in order to support and to facilitate this (maybe) unusual learning experience
This project takes place during the academic year 2016-2017. Information session was organized on September 6, 2016. Enrollment is now closed.