In spite of the constraints they generate, the health instructions are implemented with a view to respecting the health of all. Your responsibility in this respect is both individual and collective. Failure to comply with the instructions may lead to disciplinary action in accordance with articles 34 and 35 of the General Regulations for Studies and Exams.
Please follow the rules in force.
1) If you have symptoms
- Contact your GP by phone to obtain a Covid-19 test prescription code ('CTPC' - Corona test prescription code). You don't have a GP? Send an email to email@example.com.
- Once you get that code, get tested! If you are on the campus of Louvain-la-Neuve, you can go to the UCLouvain testing center in Hocaille
- It is very important to get tested (even if you are vaccinated) and to isolate yourself until you receive the results. The PCR tests via CTPC code are completely free and you will receive the results within 24 hours.
Please note that the Hocaille testing center (LLN) only receives students who have obtained a CTPC code through their doctor, the federal tracing service (in case of contact) or the health team of the Student Service.
2) If you wish to obtain the Covid Safe Ticket (for 72 hours) or if you are going on a trip
These tests (PCR or antigenic) are not free. You have to go to a testing center outside of UCLouvain or to a pharmacy. There are many places to go. Here is a non-exhaustive list
- Laboratoire LIMS (avenue Jean Monnet, 1, 1348 LLN) : 47.18€, closed on weekends. Possibility of antigenic test. Make an appointment online
- Centre médical WWASO : rapid antigenic tests every day by appointment, 20€, 010/22 22 23
- Pharmacies do rapid antigen tests. In LLN, for example, you can go to these pharmacies:
- Centre pharmaceutique dans le centre, Traverse d'Ésope
- Du Blocry, Rampe du Val
- Aux Bruyères, place de l'Équerre
- Laboratoire de la clinique St Pierre à Ottignies, with an appointment (sufficiently in advance, there are sometimes delays of 10 days). 55€. The results are available via the HELENA.CARE platform if you have a Belgian national registration number. If you don't have a NISS number, you have to go and get them on site. Open Monday to Friday from 8am to 6:30pm and Saturday from 8:30am to 1pm.
- Centres de test à Bruxelles. Make an appointment online and pay 46.81€ online.
- Laboratoires SynLab, make an appointment: different centers in Walloon Brabant, notably in Wavre, Nivelles, Eghezée, Waterloo, Mons... Please note that for these laboratories, you need a Belgian national registration number.
- Aéroport de Zaventem : by appointment, without prescription. Results by email. Possibility of test with result within 6 hours. Possibility also of antigenic test.
We sum up (in French):
You have mild symptoms or you have not always respected the covid measures (distance, mask)? It is now necessary to present a CTPC (Covid Test Prescription Code) to be tested, including at the UCLouvain branch in Louvain-la-Neuve. If you did not receive a code via tracing (following a contact case for example), contact your general practitioner by phone to obtain one. If you do not have a GP, you can send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. More information on this page.
You must send your faculty a medical certificate or a quarantine certificate to justify your absence from compulsory teaching activities.
If you have any other health-related questions, you can contact the Help Desk health team via email@example.com.
The Enrolment Service is available to answer all your questions by phone or e-mail via a form you will find here. There are also permanent reception desks at the various sites. The opening hours are available here.
Please note: new students must complete a series of steps after enrolment.
A number of public places are accessible :
- the Public Digital Spaces in Wallonia and Brussels
- the Public Internet Access Points
- the premises made available to students by many municipalities (check with yours)
The Affluences application allows you to see in real time the occupancy rate of all UCLouvain's libraries and Learning Centers. It can also be used to reserve a room (for group work, for example).
Autonomous work rooms are places made available to you to work on your laptop and/or follow a distance learning course (for example if the capacity of the audience is reached). You are asked to bring your personal laptop and headphones. No computer equipment is available on site.
Study rooms in Louvain-la-Neuve
Check out the schedule and available rooms.
Study rooms in Brussels Woluwe
On the Brussels Woluwe campus, autonomous workspaces exclusively reserved for UCLouvain students, with their student card and access card, are at your disposal:
- halls of the Simonart auditorium and the central auditoriums
- hall of the Martin V seminar rooms
- Hippocrates Learning Center and Health Sciences Library
- computer rooms
For further information: https://uclouvain.be/fr/sites/woluwe/espace-d-etudes.html.
Study rooms in Mons
The Maison des étudiant-es becomes a computer room with free access.
The multi-purpose room becomes a computer room with free access (15 posts available).
The large hall of the Maison des étudiant-es and two covered outdoor areas have been set up on the UCLouvain FUCaM Mons campus to allow students to take advantage of a break while respecting social distancing.
For any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Student Support Service can analyse your state of need and, if necessary, provide you with assistance, financial or otherwise, in order to obtain a PC. You can contact the Student Support Service by e-mail.
In the meantime, do not hesitate to go to the University's computer rooms in compliance with the health regulations in force.