UCL offers seamless access to the wireless (Wi-Fi) network via advanced security and identification technologies.
Four available networks
- UCLouvain ► for UCL staff
- eduroam ► for UCL students and staff ‘eduroam member’ visitors
- visiteurs.UCLouvain ► for other UCL visitors or conference attendees
- UCLouvain-prive ► for access limited to UCL webpages
UCL is an Eduroam project partner. Visitors from all partner universities can access UCL Wi-Fi with the username and password they use at their own university. More information on Eduroam at UCL.
You must know your global username and password:
- for UCL students: 'eduroam' network → login: email@example.com
- for Eduroam member visitors: 'eduroam' network → login: own university username
- for visitors: 'visiteurs.UCLouvain' network → login: temporary login provided
- for conference attendees: 'visiteurs.UCLouvain' network → login: temporary login provided
- for access limited to UCL webpages: 'UCLouvain-prive' network → no login
Rapid configuration guides list configuration requirements for Windows and Mac.
More complete Wi-Fi configuration guides are available for the following operating systems:
- Windows Vista (pdf)
- Windows 7: Windows 7 (pdf) and an alternative (pdf)
- Windows 8 (pdf)
- Install a digital certificate (Windows) (pdf)
- Mac OS X: Tiger & Panther (pdf), Leopard (pdf) and a page in case of certificate approval problems (pdf)
- Linux: wpa_supplicant (pdf) and Ubuntu (pdf)
- iPhone/iPad (pdf)
- Android (pdf)
Temporary access for visitors and conference attendees
Temporary Wi-Fi access for visitors and conference attendees can be requested via a UCL staff member. Log in to the My UCL intranet Wi-Fi pages for more information.
On the Louvain-la-Neuve campus, Wi-Fi service is available in auditoriums, classrooms and libraries, as well as meeting rooms and other offices where mobile needs are justified. Login procedures are identical no matter where you go while in Louvain-la-Neuve.
On the Woluwe campus, Wi-Fi service is available in all UCL rooms and student accommodation except the Idéal A building where connection is wired.
On the Saint-Gilles and Tournai campuses, Wi-Fi service is available in all academic rooms.
On the Mons campus, Wi-Fi service is available in all UCL rooms including UCL student accommodation.
On the Charleroi campus, Wi-Fi is available in all classrooms located on rue Trieu Kaisin.
In case of problems/questions
Contact the Service Desk (8282)