Since September 2009, with the support of Fondation Louvain, AGC Glass Europe, the European branch of the world’s leader producer of flat glass and Louvain School of Engineering / UCL (Belgium) have developed a partnership to provide financial support to mobility to the Master students of Louvain School of Engineering and engineering Master students from its partner universities.
This partnership represents a step further in the mobility development policy of UCL, and broadens the internship offer for engineering students who wish to specialize in a top-flight group such as Asahi Glass Company. Partners are happy to contribute to the development of these major dimensions in the field of higher education.
About AGC Glass Europe
AGC Glass Europe produces and processes mainly flat glass for the construction industry (exterior glazing and interior decorative glass), for the automotive sector and for specialised industries*. Based in Brussels, Belgium, it is the European branch of AGC Glass, the world’s leading producer of flat glass.
Its baseline « Glass Unlimited » reflects the possibilities offered by:
- glass as a material that meets a growing range of requirements (comfort, energy-control, health & safety, appearance);
- its new applications resulting from a sustained R&D in advanced glass technology;
- its production facilities made up of 18 float plants, 7 automotive plants and over 100 distribution/processing units located throughout greater Europe, from Spain to Russia;
- its worldwide marketing network;
- the resources of its 14,500 employees motivated by a shared desire for excellence.
* Transport (high-speed trains, trams and ships), domestic appliances and high-tech applications.