GENERAL INFORMATION about EXCHANGE POGRAMS at ESL
1. TIMING OF THE EXCHANGE
|The ECGE Bachelor - Approfondissement en économie Stream||Bloc 3 - Term 2|
|The Master in Economics - Professional focus (ECON2MS/G)||Bloc 2 - Term 1 or Term 2 (depends on the destination)|
|The master in Economics - Research focus (ECON2MA)||Bloc 1 - Term 2|
The exchange duration is one term.
All selected students are eligible for a UCLouvain mobility grant . For further information about the application process, the amounts for your destination, the deadlines, please consult the Administration des Relations internationales (ADRI - intranet) website.
4. TIMING OF APPLICATION
- Interested Bachelor and ECON2MS/G students must apply by end of January/early February of the academic year preceding the exchange.
- Interested ECON2MA students must apply no later than 15 September of their 1st year in the Master.
A pre-selection is done by the ESL international Committee on the basis of the following criteria:
- Academic results: past results, including the results of the January session of the year of application, number of credits approved during the master programme
- Motivation of the student: Letter explaining your motivations for the destination and the courses.
- Proficiency in the teaching language of the host university (+ basic knowledge in the main language of the country)
5. NUMBER OF SPOTS/DESTINATION
Our exchange agreements have a set number of spots available.
6. FINAL SELECTION - CRITERIA
The final selection is conditional on validating a certain amount of ECTS as per the information below:
|At the end of Bloc 1||60 ECTS|
|By the June exam session of Bloc 2||a minimum of 110 ECTS|
|By the September exam session of Bloc 2||a minimum of 115 ECTS|
The confirmation of the selection is conditional on:
- passing the Applied Econometrics course (Core course) before departure.
- accumulating enough ECTS depending on the semester of mobility and the destination:
If mobility in Q1:
- accumulate a minimum of 50 ECTS in June (before departure) for destinations where the semester starts in July or August (no second exam session in September possible)
- accumulate a minimum of 50 ECTS in June and 55 ECTS in August/September for destinations where the semester start in September
If mobility in Q2:
- accumulate a minimum of 50 ECTS in June, 55 ECTS in August/September and 70 ECTS by January.
ECON2MA Master program - Research Focus
- The pre-selection will take place by 15th September of the 1st year
- The final selection will be confirmed after the successful completion of all the Block 1 - Term 1 exams (January session)
PLEA SE NOTE:
7. HOW TO APPLY?
1. The selection procedure and the deadlines are detailed in the agenda (login required). Failure to respect the deadlines would lead to the cancellation of the application.
2. The application file should consist of:
- an application form (Bac and Master) duly filled in
- a motivation letter (briefly presenting your motivation in going to a specific exchange destination, choice of courses,...)
- your transcript of records of all the past academic years (passed or failed)
3. Once completed, please email your application (PDF format), to the following email address: email@example.com or hand it in directly to Mrs. Maréchal (Dupriez's Building - Ground Floor - D.010).
4. Once the pre-selection has taken place and your application has been approved, you will be asked to enter a draft learning agreement in the application Mob-i, also called "Mon programme d'étude" that you'll find in your virtual office . If it doesn't appear there, or in your list of widgets, please contact Ms Maréchal.
5. Your application will be reviewed by the International Committee. The committee reserves the right to invite the student to an inteview and/or a language test.
6. The pre-selected students will be notified by emails.