Dual Master’s Degree UCLouvain/USL-BXL – Carleton University
Starting in the academic year 2018-19, UCLouvain’s inter-faculty School of European Studies and the Institute of European Studies of the Université Saint-Louis - Bruxelles are offering, together with the Carleton University (Canada), a Dual Master’s Degree in European studies and in European, Russian and Eurasian Studies.
This Dual Master’s Degree takes two full academic years to complete, with the first at Louvain-la-Neuve and the second in Carleton. During the year in Louvain-la-Neuve, students will study the economic, legal, political and historical foundations of the European integration process.
At the Carleton University, students will be able to choose four courses from the elective list and have to write a research essay.
- Students must be registered with the Master 120 European studies programme (EURO2MS/G)
- Students must have gained a distinction or higher in their BAC (or the equivalent for non-Belgian qualifications)
- Students must have attained 60 credits in the June exam session of the 1st year of the EURO2MS/G programme
- Proof of language proficiency: all applicants whose first language is not English must satisfy this requirement in one of the following ways:
- to present an official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 580 on the paper-based test (PBT), or an overall score of 86 on the internet-based test (IBT) with a minimum score in each component of: writing-22; speaking-22; reading-20; and listening-20; or
- to present an official overall International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.5, with a minimum of 6.0 in each band score; or
- to present official certification (transcripts) to indicate that they have completed an undergraduate or graduate degree within the past three years in a university in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom or any other country in which the primary language is English, and where the language of instruction in the relevant educational institution was exclusively English;
- A2 level in French is highly recommended for the year spent at UCL/USL-B (referring to the Common European Framework of reference for languages - CEFR).
Prof. Anne-Sophie Gijs (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Beata Dunaj (email@example.com)