Nomination and application procedures
In order to participate in an international exchange with the UCLouvain Faculty of Philosophy, Arts and Letters (FIAL), a Bilateral Agreement for student exchange in the subject areas covered by FIAL and your own Faculty or School must exist. These subject areas include:
We accept applications only from students who have been nominated by their home university.
As of March 2020, the Faculties of the Human Sciences Sector, including FIAL, have launched a new online application platform called “Mobility Online”.
This platform is designed to enable Partner Universities to nominate their students (after identification) and the nominated students to complete the application and admission procedure online.
In order to do so, they will receive a personal identification code. The nominated students are required to upload the following documents on the "Mobility Online" platform:
- A double-sided copy of their passport or identity card (the nationality must clearly appear);
- A copy of the Transcript of records of all previous years spent in higher education.
- Learning agreement duly signed by the student and the academic coordinator of the sending university.
At the end of the online application, the nominated students must send the following documents by post:
- The first page of the UCLouvain admission form, completed and signed (the document is downloadable once the application mobility has been completed through the Mobility Online platform)
- A printed copy of their ID or Passport
- The Regulation and data protection form called « Règlement de l’Université et protection de la vie privée » (signed)
- The access card request form
- One colour passport-size photo (photographer's photo on a white background) for UCLouvain access and student cards.
The documents have to be sent to the FIAL exchange students' coordinator to the following address (when the Covid 19 related circumstances allow you do to so):
International Relations Office FIAL
Faculté de philosophie, arts et lettres (UCLouvain)
Attn. Ms. Corine de Potter
Place Blaise Pascal 1 – b. L3.03.11
Tél. : +32 (0)10 47 48 08
The online application procedure must be completed by
First semester or full-year : 31 May
Second semester : 30 November
|On account of the exceptional circumstances caused by Covid-19, these deadlines are subject to extension for winter semester 2020 if requested|
Once your application has been processed and approved:
If you are a national from an EU or an associated country, the UCLouvain Enrolment Office (Service des inscriptions) will contact you by e-mail and explain the online procedure you must follow to have access to your UCLouvain virtual dashboard and download your admission documents.
If you are a national from a non-EU country and your mobility term takes place during the first semester, the UCLouvain Enrolment Office will send you your Letter of Acceptance (Autorisation d’inscription) by e-mail. If your mobility term takes place during the second semester, the UCLouvain Enrolment Office will contact you by e-mail and explain the online procedure you must follow to have access to your UCLouvain virtual dashboard and download your admission documents.