"A request for approval by the Walloon Region to obtain training vouchers is pending."
Take a step forward professional business ethics management and grasp the opportunities for your business
Business ethics, compliance and corporate responsibility are key elements that define modern business competitiveness. Leading companies set the standards of performance and behaviour and are clear about what they aspire to be. However, they also operate in a complex, fast changing and competitive business environment. Based on LSM values of excellence and ethics, this certificate aims to provide professionals and leaders with the tools to manage those complex dilemnas and implement effective, agile and appropriate cultures and programmes throughout their business.
This Business Ethics and Compliance programme is open to participants and executives from various backgrounds: ethics and compliance professionals (part time or full time), working for medium and large companies, lawyers, CFOs, management consultants, risk managers, auditors, CEOs, board members, directors, regulators, public officers and international directors, among others.
Added value for you and your company
- Expert professors from a leading management school together with international field experts with real-world experience
- Deeply anchored in professional practice, with highly interactive, practical cases studies
- Concrete tools, directly applicable in participants' daily professional activities
- Tools for strengthening and challenging participants' general management skills by introducing ethical leadership and sustainability into decision making
- Opportunities to build valuable networks with other participants and industry representatives
- A schedule compatible with professional commitments
- Accredited by professional bodies and recommended by partner companies
The teaching method will combine theory and practical experimentation through case studies. In thematic conferences, recognized field experts will share their experiences (successes and failures), discuss specific ethics and compliance risks and conduct vigorous discussions with participants about how to articulate ethics and management in their companies.
Participants will integrate the knowledge they acquire in a team analysis of a complex case study, involving critical debates that encourage practice with group-based analysis.
A final personal paper also is required. This paper will either develop a concrete plan pertaining to one of the course topics or else describe the implementation of a certain number of aspects studied in a specific case chosen by the student (e.g. his or her own company). It will be presented in front of a jury of experts and other participants.
- Laurent CLAASSEN: Partner Deloitte Forensic, Compliance and Analytics, regulatory risk and compliance specialist.
- Yves DE RONGE: Professor at the LSM (UCLouvain).
- Carlos DESMET: MBA, visitor professor (UCLouvain), Ethics and Compliance advisor, previously Ethics and Compliance at Shell.
- Jean-Marc GOLLIER: Lawyer and senior counsel since 2009 at Eubelius. He is visiting lecturer at UCLouvain and a member of CRIDES (Centre for Company law at UCLouvain).
- Axel GOSSERIES: Permanent Research Fellow (FRS-FNRS), Extraordinary professor (UCLouvain), Responsible for the "Social Responsibility in Economic Life" Bernheim Project.
- Jan NOTERDAEME: Co-founder and Senior Advisor for CSR Europe. Representive of CSR Europe in the Coordination Committee of the European Multistakeholder Forum on CSR.
- Jacques SPELKENS: Head of Territorial and CSR Networks Development and CSR Manager for Belgium (Group ENGIE), Lecturer in "Ethique et Responsabilité Sociale de l'Entreprise" (ICHEC).
- Valérie SWAEN: Academic Director of the programme, Professor of Marketing and Corporate Social Responsibility at UCLouvain and at IESEG School of Management (France).
- Frederik VERHASSELT: Partner Ernst & Young.
- François VINCKE: Brussels Bar, Head of Anti-Corruption Commission, International Chamber of Commerce Paris.
- Michel BANDE: Corporate Sustainability Officer.
- Dominique DEBECKER: Deputy Chief Sustainability Officer Solvay Group.
- Michel WASHER: Deputy Chief Sustainability Officer Solvay Group.
- Lutz VON PETER: Head of Compliance Roche Diagnostics Belgium.
- Module 1: COMPLIANCE TOOLKIT - Managing business ethics and compliance
- Module 2: CULTURE AND CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY - Organizational culture, ethical leadership and CSR management
- Module 3: MONITORING AND AUDIT - Monitoring audit, internal and external in investigations
- Module 4: REGULATORY COMPLIANCE - Conferences and seminars on regulatory compliance topics
- Module 5: CASE STUDIES - Resolving complex business dilemnas
- Module 6: INDIVIDUAL PAPER - Final paper and certification
This programme is accredited by FSMA