The program is only open to students who fulfill the admission requirements and will enroll at LSM in the 2-year Master 120 in CEMS-Business Engineering (INGE2MS/G) or CEMS-Management (GEST2MS/GE), please click on , after being selected for CEMS MIM. The CEMS program is fully integrated to LSM's standard Masters. Please note: the CEMS Master in International Management starts in September of the first year of the Master 120.
We are looking for students with an excellent academic performance, who have empathy with different cultures, show responsibility within society and ability to work with people from other cultures.
STEP 1 (Meet the Admission Requirements to apply)
Please note: academic verification requests will be considered only for candidates and after the online application period.
You can apply for the CEMS MIM only if:
- you have completed all the PREREQUISITE CREDITS. It is unfortunately not possible to combine more than one additional teaching unit with the CEMS programme.
- you are able to FOLLOW ALL COURSES of the 2-year Master 120 in CEMS-Business Engineering (INGE2MS/G) or CEMS-Management (GEST2MS/GE). No exemption from part of the CEMS study programme will be granted in the course of the annual validation of the student’s programme. You cannot apply if you have or are enrolled in a Master's degree (at LSM or elsewhere) with similar courses. Overlaps between your current studies and the CEMS MiM are forbidden.
In addition to LSM Masters admission requirements, you also need to be able to provide the following CEMS specific proof of academic and English preparation by February 25, 2024 or your application cannot be considered :
- Weighted average of 67,00% out of a Belgian Bachelor degree (or on 2 years and a half of the Bachelor degree if not graduated yet) OR GMAT Exam total score of min. 600 or GMAT Focus Edition total score of min. 555 (Please note: your Official Score Report will be available within 3-5 days of completing your exam. May occasionally take up to 20 days) OR GRE min. quantitative score 158 and verbal reasoning score 158. Students with a non-Belgian Bachelor's degree from a CEMS School or one of our DD Partner Schools can be exempted from the GMAT if they have a min. B grade (ECTS grading scale).
- Proof of English proficiency*:
- Mother tongue declaration form
- TOEFL iBT: min. 100
- IELTS Academic test/IELTS Indicator : min. 7.0
- Pearson test of English Academic (PTE): min. 68
- Cambridge Advanced English (CAE): min. B grade (CEFR Level C1)
- Cambridge Business English Certificate (BEC): min. higher B grade
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE): min. C grade
- A Bachelor's or Master's diploma entirely taught in English from an English speaking country or a CEMS or EQUIS/AACSB accredited institution
- A-level GCSE issued in Singapore
Please note that CEMS does not accept TOEFL MyBest Scores. We only accept results from specific test dates.
*If you cannot pass the English test by February 25, 2024 due to academic reasons, you could send it by the end of August.
STEP 2 (Online Application: December 1 2023 - February 25 2024)
Submit your online application on www.cems.org/selection from December 1, 2023 to February 25, 2024 for the 2024-2026 intake.
On the cems.org website the the registration indicates "Academic year: 2025/2026". That is perfectly normal as this date refers to the "CEMS year" which is the second-year of the LSM CEMS Master's programme.
The application should feature the following documents:
One PDF file named "FamilyNAME_FirstNAME_CEMS_LSM_CV"containing:
- A 1-page A4 motivation letter (in English)
- A CV including portrait picture for administrative purpose (in English)
- If for some reason you will not be in Belgium at the time of the interview, the country and city you will be to schedule your interview in Teams
A second separate PDF file named "FamilyNAME_FirstNAME_CEMS_LSM_ApplicationDocuments" containing:
- GMAT or GRE (please check Step 1 to see if applicable)
- Transcript of Records with GPA of ALL university studies (current year included). Course titles must be all clearly listed
- Copy of univeristy diploma(s) (if you have one)
- Copy of your official English certificate (or print-screen of on-line result if official copy not yet available). If you cannot pass the English test by February 25, 2024 due to academic reasons, you could send it by the end of August.
- Proof of non-refundable payment (85€) for your CEMS Application to the following account:
Account holder: CEMS SEMINAR
Swift Code BBRUBEBB
Bank name: Banque ING
Bank address: Rue des Wallons 2 - B1348 Louvain-la-Neuve - Belgium
Bank communication: CEMS 41.11000.039 SELECTION "First Name", "Last Name"
Please note: if one or more of the required documents are missing (unless authorized by the CEMS LSM Office) or not correctly compiled, your application will be rejected.
By applying to the CEMS MiM program at LSM, students acknowledge and accept that their data, contact information and application file will be shared within the LSM CEMS MIM Team and Jury Members for the good organization of the selection process.
STEP 3 (Selection)
All applicants meeting the admission requirements and with an online application fully and properly completed will be invited by email for an interview on March 25 2024 in Louvain-la-Neuve (online in Teams for applicants living abroad). If you cannot attend it for academic reasons, please inform us by February 25, 2024.
The selection interview lasts approximately 20 minutes and is held in English and in the other languages spoken by the candidate. Representatives from the CEMS Corporate Partners, the LSM and the CEMS Office will be present.
The following CEMS-wide selection criteria will be assessed:
- intellectual potential and knowledge
- attitude and soft skills
- international orientation
- motivation for the CEMS MIM.
Your motivation and CV submitted in your application will be used by the interviewers as preparation material for the interviews. Knowledge of a third language (or second is English native speaker) is an asset, however it is not required to enter the CEMS MIM at LSM. Students are selected for CEMS MIM for their outstanding profile and on the basis of their potential for an international career.
Candidates will be notified by email of the jury's decision within a week or two of the interview. Accepted candidates will receive a conditional offer of admission until successful completion of their Bachelor (and confirmation of the 67,00% weighted average for Belgian diplomas).
STEP 4 (Official Enrollment)
If accepted to the CEMS program, enroll in LSM Master's degree in CEMS-Business Engineering (INGE2MS/G) or CEMS-Management (GEST2MS/GE) as soon as possible (the sooner you are enrolled at UCLouvain/LSM, the sooner you will get your access). UCLouvain students and new students need to register online through this portal: https://uclouvain.be/en/study/inscriptions/futurs-etudiants.html
Deadline: Non-EU citizens: March 31st
EU citizens: August 31st
- student must complete all bachelor credits prior to enrolling in the CEMS MIM at LSM. Indeed, student must send us the proof of success as soon as they are awarded their bachelor's degree. Candidates with Belgian Bachelor's degrees also need to confirm their 67,00% weighted average.
- student must have minimum 50 ECTS credits of LSM Master's level courses (internship, languages and prerequisites courses excluded) by June of the 1st year AND not fail one or more exams (grade below 10) in January or June; otherwise (s)he will be dropped out of the CEMS MIM at the end of the 1st year and put back into the regular LSM Master’s degree, without any exchange.
Destination for exchange term(s) will be awarded during the 1st year of Master and subject to another attribution process.