The program is only open to students who fulfill the admission requirements and will enroll at LSM in the 2-year Master 120 in CEMS-Business Engineering (INGE2MS/G) or CEMS-Management (GEST2MS/GE) after being selected for CEMS MIM. The CEMS program is fully integrated to LSM's standard Masters. Please note: the CEMS Master in International Management starts in September of the first year of the Master 120.
We are looking for students with an excellent academic performance, who have empathy with different cultures, show responsibility within society and ability to work with people from other cultures.
STEP 1 (Admission Requirements to meet by March 1 2021)
Check if you satisfy the Master in Business Engineering (120) or Management (120) Admission Requirements (registration at UCLouvain/LSM is not required at this stage of the application process). If you have not gained all the prerequisite credits, you will have to add the missing credits to your CEMS program up to a limit of 1 course (5 ECTS). If you need to take more than 1 course, you cannot apply for the CEMS MIM.
In addition to LSM Masters admission requirements, you also need to be able to provide the following CEMS specific proof of academic and English preparation:
- Weighted average of 67% out of a Belgian Bachelor degree OR GMAT test results of min. 600. Students with a non-Belgian Bachelor's degree from a CEMS School or one our our DD Partner Schools can be exempt from the GMAT if they have a min. B grade.
-Proof of English proficiency:
- Mother tongue honour statement
- TOEFL iBT: min. 100
- IELTS Academic test: min. 7.0
- Cambridge Advanced English (CAE): min. B grade
- Cambridge Business English Certificate (BEC): min. higher B grade
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE): min C1 level
- A Bachelor's diploma entirely taught in English from an English speaking country or in a CEMS or EQUIS/AACSB accredited institution
STEP 2 (Online Application: mid-December 2020 - March 1 2021)
Submit your online application on www.cems.org/selection from mid-December 2020 to March 1, 2021.
The application should feature the following document:
One PDF file containing:
- A 1-page A4 motivation letter (in English)
- A CV including portrait picture for administrative purpose (in English).
- If for some reason you will not be in Belgium at the time of the interview, the country you will be in at the time and your skype account handle.
A second separate PDF file containing:
- GMAT total score (if applicable) of min. 600 / proof of a weighted average of min. 67% out of the Belgian Bachelor's degree.
- Transcript of Records of ALL university studies (preparatory years included; current year included even courses not yet evaluated.). Course titles must be all clearly listed.
- Copy of univeristy diploma(s) (if applicable)
- Copy of your official English certificate
- Proof of non-refundable payment (85€) for your CEMS Application (detailed bank information included in our application brochure)
For further details, download our application brochure.
By applying to the CEMS MiM program at LSM, students acknowledge and accept that their data, contact information and application file will be shared within the LSM CEMS MIM Team and Jury Members for the good organization of the selection process.
STEP 3 (Selection)
All applicants meeting the admission requirements and with an online application fully and properly completed will be invited by email at LSM for interview (by Skype if not in Belgium).
The selection interview lasts approximately 20 minutes and is held in English and in the other languages spoken by the candidate. Representatives from the CEMS Corporate Partners, the LSM and the CEMS Office will be present.
The following CEMS-wide selection criteria will be assessed:
- intellectual potential and knowledge
- attitude and soft skills
- international orientation
- motivation for the CEMS MIM.
Your motivation and CV submitted in your application will be used by the interviewers as preparation material for the interviews. Knowledge of a third language (or second is English native speaker) is an asset, however it is not required to enter the CEMS MIM at LSM. Students are selected for CEMS MIM for their outstanding profile and on the basis of their potential for an international career.
Within a week or two of the interview, candidates will be notified of the jury's decision. Accepted candidates will receive a conditional offer of admission until successful completion of their Bachelor (and confirmation of the 67% weighted average for Belgian diplomas).
STEP 4 (Official Enrollment)
If accepted to the CEMS program, enroll in LSM Master's degree in CEMS-Business Engineering (INGE2MS/G) or CEMS-Management (GEST2MS/GE) as soon as possible (the sooner you are enrolled at UCLouvain/LSM, the sooner you will get your access). UCLouvain students and new students need to register online through this portal: https://uclouvain.be/en/study/inscriptions/futurs-etudiants.html
Please note: students finishing their Bachelor degree need to send their proof of success as soon as they are awarded their degree. Candidates with Belgian Bachelor's degrees also need to confirm their 67% weighted average.
Please note: your selection for the CEMS MIM remains PROVISIONAL until the results of all exams of 1st years of Master’s degree. By the end of the 1st year, you must have acquired 50 ECTS of LSM Master's level courses (language courses, prerequisites and internship excluded). Note: if you fail 1 or more exams in January of June, you will be DROPPED OUT of the CEMS MIM and put back into the regular LSM Master’s degree, without any exchange.
Destination for exchange term(s) will be awarded during the 1st year of Master and subject to another attribution process.